Dental Checkups & Teeth Cleanings
Maintain Healthy Teeth and Gums
Dental checkups and professional teeth cleanings are an essential part of dental care plans for every patient we treat at Rowen Dentistry in Boca Raton. We recommend patients receive a complete dental exam and cleaning at least every six months in order to maintain the optimal level of oral health. Whether it’s been six years or six months since your most recent dental exam, please don’t hesitate to contact Rowen Dentistry to schedule an appointment. If it’s your first time visiting us, your checkup may take a little longer than usual because we need to start gathering all the information necessary to offer you the best possible personalized treatment. After the initial visit which may include a few extra steps, you should expect all your continuing general dentistry appointments to include the following:
- Diagnostic imaging - we’ll use digital x-rays and photos to examine the health of the surface and inner spaces of the smile. Both x-rays and photos are visible on chairside monitors where we’ll review areas of concern, answer any questions you may have, and explain potential treatment options.
- Oral cancer screening - we use the Vizlite oral cancer detection system to diagnose signs of oral cancer in the earliest stages.
- Periodontal charting - one of the earliest warning signs of periodontal (gum) disease is receding gum tissue, so we measure the depth of the pockets between teeth and gums at each visit to ensure the early detection and treatment of gum disease.
- Tooth decay check - each tooth is examined visually, manually, and through x-rays to ensure any tooth decay is found and treated right away.
- Restoration review - each existing filling, crown, or other restoration is carefully examined to ensure it remains strong and whole.
- Professional teeth cleaning - sometimes called prophylaxis, one of our skilled hygienists will remove calculus (tartar) buildup, plaque, and polish teeth. Who doesn’t love that squeaky clean feeling? That’s all thanks to our professional hygienists.