Dental Implants are designed to replace natural teeth that have been lost from trauma or disease. Because the implant is fixed firmly to the bone, implants offer superior strength and durability. Better yet, dental implants look and function just like natural teeth. They can also be used to support a single crown or as anchors for fixed bridges. Rowen Dentistry can also restore your existing dental implants.
Contact Dr. Rowen at our Boca Raton, Florida dental office if you are interested in learning more about the benefits of dental implants.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root (synthetic material) that is surgically anchored into your jaw to hold a replacement tooth or bridge in place.
The benefit of using dental implants:
• Dental implants don't rely on neighboring teeth for support
• Dental implants are permanent and stable > Because the implant is secured within the jawbone, the replacement teeth look, feel, and function just like your own natural teeth.
• Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with the bone, they become permanent.
• Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip.
• Improved comfort. Because dental implants become part of you, dental implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
• Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
• Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile, and help you feel better about yourself.
• Improved oral health. Dental implants don't require reducing other teeth, as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving your long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
• Durability. Dental Implants are very durable and will last many years. They require the same care as real teeth, including brushing, flossing, and regular dental check-ups. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
• Convenience. Removable dentures are just that; removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing your dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep your dentures in place.
• Implant material is made from different types of metallic and bone-like ceramic materials that are compatible with body tissue.
Placement of dental implants is a minor surgical procedure performed in one or two office visits to Rowen Dentistry's state of the art dental facility in the heart of Boca Raton, Florida.
Development of an individualized dental treatment plan. The plan addresses your specific needs and provides coordinated care based on the implant option that is best for you.
• Than tooth root implant, which is a small post made of titanium, is placed into the bone socket of the missing tooth.
• As the jawbone heals, it grows around the implanted metal post, anchoring it securely in the jaw. The healing process can take from 6 to 12 weeks.
• When the implant has bonded to the jawbone, a small connector post – called an abutment – is attached to the post to securely hold the new tooth. To make your new tooth or teeth, your dentist makes impressions of your teeth, and creates a model of your bite. Your new tooth or teeth are based on this model. It will match the color of your natural teeth.
• A replacement tooth, called a crown, is then attached to the abutment.
For more information about tooth implants, contact our Boca Raton dentist office at 561.488.8999
Last Updated (Thursday, 13 October 2011 11:23)